8.22.2013

a week of red heels. sweatshirt.

i love the idea of a casual sweatshirt paired with dressy heels.
i envisioned a longer, knee-length, DIY denim cutoff (higher the stiletto, longer the hemlines in my book), but i never got around to that DIY. i made do with this pair, but you get the idea behind this casual / dressy juxtaposition.

did you hear about the elementary school clerk in georgia who persuaded a gunman to turn himself in? i'm sure she was hella scared, but she kept her cool and protected the lives of 800+ children. i literally teared up listening to the 911 recordings. kudos to that amazing woman.

what is your favorite fashion juxtaposition?

my favorite is the dark chocolate dipped coconut cookie.
(zara sweatshirt; enzo angiolini heels; JustFab bag c/o;
aeropostale shorts; ray-ban sunglasses)

you might like these:


in case you missed it:

*     *     *




18 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable bag dear! ;))

*New post up…
❤ Jenny Tsang
www.Tsangtastic.com | Tsangtastic on Bloglovin'

Shybiker said...

I also love this combination. Great concept and good execution.

Frannie Pantz said...

I heard about that woman, but I haven't read or heard the whole story yet. Regardless, it is AMAZING and I am so proud of her. As a mother, that is your worst nightmare! I can't imagine.

Sabrina said...

Gorgeous outfit! I really love how those hot red heels dress up the sweater.

Sincerely,
Sabrina


P.S. Giveaway for Remy hair extensions on my blog!

Unknown said...

I think you matched the hemline to the shoes perfectly. I have the same "rule", and that applies to sleeves as well - shorter bottoms with longer sleeves and vice versa. I just like the balance. :)

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Great outfit Becks! That woman should get a reward! How she handled that situation was amazing.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

trishie said...

Rocking those red heels! No, I haven't heard about the school clerk in Georgia, she sounds amazing. Will have to do some googling after this to find out more.

LoveYourEgo said...

Great combinatione! I love your sweater soooo much!

http://love-your-ego.blogspot.de

Stanislava E. said...

This combo looks so good!

Sun and Sand

welldressedmaker said...

Becks, you make those red heels and shorts look so chic!

JennaStevie said...

This combination is fantastic, love the sweatshirt with cut offs and heels. Such a great juxtaposition of dressed up and down
xJennaD

#phoebe said...

love the balance between casual and dressy :) & that cookie looks bomb!

hashtagphoebe.blogspot.com
Follow on Bloglovin'

oomph. said...

thank you :)

oomph. said...

thanks!!

oomph. said...

yes, worst fear ever!

oomph. said...

thank you, sabrina!

oomph. said...

yes, amazeballs! lol!

Diva In Me said...

Gorgeous with the touch of red-ness! =D I'm pinning your pic to my Pinterest.
I didn't hear about that incident and that's a really brave thing to do. To risk her life for 800+ people. That's beyond courageous.

01 09 10